Podcast Producer – Full Time – Salary – with Benefits
We are seeking an experienced Podcast Producer to spearhead the production of a new, weekly podcast series called First Contact with Laurie Segall. The podcast is produced by Dot Dot Dot Media, and distributed by iHeart Radio. First Contact is a weekly podcast series that explores the people and technology that are changing what it means to be human.
The ideal candidate has experience leading production of a podcast from start to finish and knows the ins and outs of what makes a podcast series great. We are looking for a self-starter who can join our small, but growing content team. This person will work directly with our host and executive producer to conceptualize weekly episodes, book guests, write scripts, record interviews, edit the shows into a final product, and handle delivery to the network.
This person will craft the editorial arc of each episode through the script writing, sound gathering, and tape editing needed to produce each episode. You should have an ear for great sound bytes and be comfortable working with sound from in-studio interviews and nat sound from the field. The producer will handle light mixing – that includes normalizing levels, de-noising, P-pops, de-essing, etc. The producer will also score the podcast with music, so extra points for a creative use of sound.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to play an integral role in shaping the voice of a high-profile series with a lot of potential for growth. Please include a cover letter and links to relevant work samples in your application.
- Proven track record with producing a podcast series.
- 5+ years of experience working in a journalistic environment.
- Strong editorial judgment.
- A passion for podcasts is a must.
- Interest and knowledge of Silicon Valley and the tech industry is a strong plus.
- Interest in tech and culture/weirdos and tech titans is encouraged .
- Skilled at audio recording and mixing.
- Proficient in audio editing in Pro Tools (preferred) or Audition.
- Comfortable with a collaborative editing process.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and with high-profile talent.
- Experience with in-depth research/reporting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Organized and attentive to detail.
- Shows initiative, follow through and effectively own projects from start to finish.
- Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
Undergraduate college degree, preferably in Journalism, Political Science, Public Policy, English, or other related field.
Please include a cover letter and links to relevant work samples in your application.