Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, and we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. At Cox, we are committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection, not only with our products and services, but also with our career opportunities. Come connect with us, and lets build a better future together.
An expert in reporting, analysis, and metrics with advanced understanding of database design, writing SQL queries, and ETL processes. Typically assigned to larger, highly complex projects requiring independent decision-making. Partners with cross-functional teams and stakeholders on ideas and solutions that impact operational results.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Provides and conducts analytic efforts to support Supply Chain Operations through consolidation and standardization of datasources into a central data repository to be used across the organization.
- Builds strong partnerships across the organization; sets expectations and ensures adherence to process and schedule
- Provides recommendations for operational efficiencies and process improvements and assists in policy development to support change initiatives.
- Supports capability development within the delivery organization, including reviews and gap assessments, and works to source and deliver strategies.
- Conducts business impact analyses and validation studies and market research through all stages: concept formulation, definition of metrics, determination of appropriate statistical methodology, research evaluation, and final research report.
- Develops analytical tools and numerical modeling of complex operations systems and processes.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves discrepancies in analytical procedure or cross-functional methods.
- Develops reports, creates presentations, and sets timelines in support of department or business operations.
- Utilizes Tableau for data analysis and KPI visualization.
- Writes code to automate reports and templates and consolidate data into central repository.
- 5 or more years of experience in related field (i.e., data analysis, metrics, etc.); 3 or more years of experience if candidate possesses a related advanced degree.
- 3 or more years of data mining and analysis experience with writing SQL.
- Proven record of owning processes and successful completion of projects from start to finish.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
- Ability to code and develop in MySQL, Python, Tableau, and database reporting and analysis platforms.
- Strong ability to organize, analyze, interpret, and disseminate information.
- BS/BA degree in related discipline; Master's degree in a related discipline strongly preferred
- Tableau experience
- Knowledge of Cox systems such as ICOMS, OBIEE, Essbase.
- Knowledge of Linux command line programming, PHP, and MySQL coding.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.