Art Media: Director of Sales
Penske Media Corp., (PMC) is hiring a Director of Digital Sales who will have leadership responsibilities for digital subscription businesses within Art Media: including Art Market Monitor, Art in America and ARTnews. The position will also have a strong role in selling the website for ARTnews which is the central digital node for Art Media.
Reporting to the President, the Director of Digital Sales will have the following responsibilities:
- Develop and expand new and current digital subscription businesses for Art Market Monitor, Art in America and ARTNews.
- Capture and close new business from trade and non-endemic advertisers for print, web & social
- Provide sales closing support to sales personnel
- Work closely with internal PMC sales teams generating ads from luxury brands and portfolio sales
- Support President and Editorial Director and Live Media team in development of new products
- Sell social media for Art in America and ARTnews; Sell sponsorship to digital products like Artelligence Podcast and any additional new products in audio or video form
- Strategic development for web-based business, and manage implementation of same
- Oversee and monitor daily all sales activity using Salesforce, and weekly tracking reports
- Establish and oversee digital subscription projections
- Generate revenue through sponsored Live Media events
- Oversee marketing efforts as for digital newsletters, website and magazines
- Work with accounting team on budget projections and collections
- Experience developing digital subscriptions businesses and selling digital ads
- Must have leadership skills to work within and get the most out of a team of six sales representatives.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally
- Knowledge of international art market, its institutions, galleries, auction houses and personalities, especially those in New York City is a plus.
- Interest in and familiarity with the fine and decorative arts and collectibles is a plus
About Art in America:
Founded in 1913, Art in America has provided groundbreaking critical insight into contemporary art and culture for many generations. Through exhibition reviews, interviews with leading artists, and in-depth essays by critics, curators, and scholars at the forefront of their fields, the magazine offers authoritative coverage of the most important developments occurring in art in the United States and around the world. Today, Art in America is more influential than ever before, with a dedicated audience of more than one million peopleboth art world insiders and general readers seeking access to the latest cultural trends. A growing portfolio of digital products complements the magazines print edition, including a robust new online version of the Art in America Annual Guide, which has long been an indispensable resource for art professionals. Art in Americas parent company, Penske Media Corporation (PMC), is a leading digital media company, publishing, and information Services Company founded in 2003.
PMCs award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate todays fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.