The part time air talent position includes a mix of live and pre-recorded (tracked and live) air shifts to host the music format and communicate to listeners – – key product details and promotions as outlined by the stations Strategic Action Plan and format clock outline. This position also requires a fill in on demand element to cover air shifts for, but not limited to: sick leave absence of full time air personalities, vacation schedule relief, special company holiday fill ins, and or emergency situations. (i.e. weather, local emergency, CMT needs). Additionally, fill-ins and regular part-time shifts can require station event attendance, promotions, sales remotes etc. as needed, but with no guarantee of, hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Live air shift as scheduled by Supervisor.
Voice track automation of pre-recorded air shifts.
Station event appearances as scheduled to include: station concerts for the purpose of handing out station promotional items, directing listener questions at booth, assisting programming and promotions staff with giveaway execution and distribution.
Occasionally in-house commercial production and voice over assignments as a function of filling in for full time personalitys air shift per vacation/sick leave schedule determined by Program Director.
Attending station programming meetings, training (per request), and station staff meetings (as needed).
Be available for scheduled air check review sessions for monitoring performance and coaching of on-air presentation, techniques and suggestions.
Miscellaneous other duties as required by supervisor.
Qualifications:Minimum Qualifications for Consideration:
- Professional DJ
- Experience with broadcast automation software
- Minimum of one year on-air experience.
- Requires good typing skills.
- Requires excellent communication skills.
- Requires good interpersonal skills.
- Well-rounded social media experience is a plus
Experience and Education:
- Four (4) year college degree preferred but not required.
- Minimum of (1) years on-air radio experience.
Necessary Language Skills:
- Able to communicate in English.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; or crouch. The employee might be required to occasionally lift/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Reliable mode of transportation
- Night, weekend and holiday work is required
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps – the country’s biggest television rep firm – Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.