At Sinclair Broadcast Group, our mission is to connect people with content everywhere and a core part of this mission involves social media. We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country and Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees.
We are looking for a skilled and highly motivated Social Media Strategist to join our corporate social media team. The Social Media Strategist will work remotely and on-site with local stations to define and enhance their social media strategy. The Social Media Strategist will review successes and identify opportunities for stations social media presences with an in-service approach. Ideal candidates will be able to analyze and understand social media content anecdotally and analytically to help stations and on-air talent enhance content decisions through collaboration within the newsroom.
- Work directly with stations by delivering consultations, evaluations, recommendations, and trainings on social media platforms and tools.
- Specialist will travel to stations to assist in deep-dives or immersive on-site training.
- Track and report social media analytics for stations and prepare reports for stations and other internal stakeholders as needed. This includes analyzing market competition and trends.
- Serve as a social media expert, staying on top of current social media trends to ensure our stations content efforts are cutting-edge.
- Keep updated on current news events of local and national importance.
- Represent Sinclair by conducting station visits and attending conferences as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4-5 years of experience in social media for a news organization or a brand.
- Self-starter capable of working independently and exercising sound judgment.
- Comfort in managing up talking to all levels of the organization
- Detail-oriented with strong project management, organization, and time management skills.
- A passion for teamwork and customer service.
- Ability to spot trends in social media and prepare to evolve our strategies accordingly.
- Knowledge of social media advertising campaigns and tools (i.e. Facebook Ad Manager).
- Some Analytics skills, strategic thinker with attention to detail.
- Experience with video editing a plus (i.e. Adobe Premiere, iMovie, Avid).
- Comfortable with frequent overnight travel
- Night and weekend work may be required