VBI: Sales & Marketing Intern
Are you trying to break into the entertainment business? Many employers require prior work experience for assistant level jobs. You can get the experience you need while getting paid at Variety Business Intelligence (VBI), the data licensing and business solutions division of Variety Media. Internships can last up to twenty-six weeks and we are looking for someone to work with VBI's sales & marketing team.
About the VBI Internship Program:
The VBI internship program exposes college students and recent graduates to all aspects of the entertainment business in a friendly, respectful environment. This is an ideal internship for anyone interested in a future career in sales and marketing in the entertainment industry.
Intern duties include information tracking and data entry responsibilities, and also can involve sales lead research and light phone duties.
Must have excellent written and verbal skills and a very high attention to detail. Strong interpersonal skills with a team player attitude are also important.
Pay: $14.25 per hour (29 hours per week)
Variety Business Intelligence is made up of a diverse and fun group of entertainment enthusiasts. From building the Industrys best business tools to team movie days to visits to the Getty Center we create an environment where people are excited to come to work each day. Additionally, the company offers screening series, guest speakers, and complimentary breakfast for all employees.
- Must be available for a minimum of 24-29 hours per week (scheduling flexible).
- Must be currently enrolled or recently graduated (within 2 to 3 years) from an accredited college or university.
- Excellent communication skills, whether in person, email or phone. Superior written and verbal skills are a necessity.
- Comfortable navigating and using Excel worksheets including basic formulas.
- The ideal candidate must be able to manage his or her own tasks and deadlines and have excellent organizational skills with a high attention to detail.
- High technical aptitude and working knowledge of Internet and software applications, including Microsoft Office products.
- A long term interest in marketing and sales is encouraged but not required.
About Variety Business Intelligence:
Variety Business Intelligence or VBI is the data licensing and business solutions division of Variety Media. VBI oversees the entertainment industry's leading research & data solution, Variety Insight, as well as the Variety Archives, and the actor familiarity and appeal metric, Vscore.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate todays fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.