Cox Automotive is currently looking for a Senior Brand Marketing Manager to join our team in Atlanta, GA.
The Senior Brand Marketing Manager is responsible for the marketing of a brand, product or service in its entirety, from research and development to creation of marketing materials to measurement of program success. The Senior Brand Marketing Manager supervises all activities related to the brand and she/he is the key sources of information within the organization on the brand and competitive companies/products.
This role is a leadership position within the organization with strategic ownership of multiple brands. As a leader, the incumbent must have the skill sets & experience necessary to make sound business decisions, set strategic direction and influence internal/external stakeholders to follow that direction.
This position requires strategic thinking about our brands and digital solutions, an in-depth knowledge of the market and target audiences, and the ability to craft go-to-market strategies that help drive top-line revenue. In this role the incumbent will be responsible for strategic planning and development, and oversight of tactical execution of all marketing initiatives, including: development of marketing plans, integrated campaign concepting and development (TV, digital, radio, print, social etc.) budgeting and forecasting, and results reporting.
The Senior Brand Marketing Manager will also have proven leadership abilities to partner well, motivate and inspire large teams (internal and external), as well as leading peers and influencing senior executives. This position requires the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and resources in a fast-paced environment. Successful candidates must be self-motivated, organized, and flexible, have strong attention to detail, and possess the ability to complete projects within aggressive timeframes.
- Leverages insights to set strategies and business plans for assigned brands, translating marketplace insights into winning strategies and tactics for the brand(s).
- Ability to analyze market research, industry trends, and the competitive marketplace to identify breakthrough brand and product opportunities and make recommendations to senior leadership.
- Partners with our in-house creative studio, research and product teams to develop new ways to reach key audiences and stakeholders.
- Write business and creative briefs that clearly articulate brand objectives and success criteria in order to inform and direct the work of internal and external teams and agencies in support effective execution of brand plans.
- Brief agencies/production partners and direct creative to be developed as briefed, ensure deliverables remain on time and budget.
- Well versed in media; offline and online.
- Regularly assess team objectives, measure progress, and communicate successes, challenges, and opportunities to team and the rest of the company.
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Communications or other related field preferred OR an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 7+ years of experience in Marketing, preferably in a mid- to large-size corporation; experience should include 2+ years in a senior media/marketing leadership role.
- Experience in marketing for a company with a portfolio of products/ services.
The ideal candidate will be:
- A creative problem solver. They know the traditional brand marketing playbook and can confidently implement those tactics when valuable, but are also comfortable throwing out the rules when it makes sense.
- Confident in their ability to gain traction and influence others as a lateral colleague, guiding strategy without functionally managing those executing the work.
- Highly collaborative, partners well with others.
- Able to manage and prioritize heavy work load and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong business acumen, with the ability to work effectively with senior leaders and other key stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Experience managing advertising agencies and vendors, advertising agency experience a plus.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.