Do you have an interest in performing arts, music, theater and dance? Are you naturally friendly, highly energetic and looking for a positive team environment? Do you have retail or hospitality experience and enjoy working with people?
If this sounds like you, we'd love to meet you!
*Position is part-time, 15-20 hours a week, including nights and weekends.
The Retail Operations team at the Kennedy Center is responsible for ensuring an excellent guest experience by providing superb customer service to worldwide clientele. We are seeking outgoing, reliable Sales Associates to join our Gift Shops team! In the Kennedy Center's Gift Shops, we sell a wide range of historical and performing arts memorabilia, music, books, fashion merchandise, and other gifts related to Broadway musicals, opera, classical music, and more! The successful candidate for this position will love customer interaction and processing sales in a performing arts environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generating sales
- Cash register operations
- Restocking, signing, and more
- Maintaining excellent customer service in accordance to Kennedy Center standards
- You have a flexible schedule that allows for night and weekend work.
- You have a minimum of 2 years experience providing outstanding customer service in a sales position.
- You have experience using a POS system.
- You have strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- You have knowledge of customer service standards and procedures, and the ability to analyze and solve problems.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
Standing and walking for long periods of time are requirements of the Retail Operations team. Some heavy lifting, up to 20 lbs., may be required.
The noise level in the work environment is normal.
The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts is a world premier performing arts organization and our nation's cultural center. Diversity is a critical component of our mission, vision, and values. Our staff exhibits a wide variety of perspectives and experiences which enable us to foster and strengthen an environment of diversity and inclusion.